Solving DOCman Error Uploading. - Directory problem after Joomla migration

I transferred my Joomla from one host to another and couldn't view the files any more. When I tried to upload the file it gave me the error: Error Uploading. - Directory problem:

I knew that I had the dmdocuments directory in the right place in my new Joomla installation along with all required documents. So to fix the problem:

1. Make sure that the directory is writable. Permission 777.

2. Go to Components - DOCman - Configuration - General.
Click on "Reset Default" tab. And Save.

After that everything was working. It appeared that the path in the DOCman directory pointed to the old hosting directory.

Comments

  1. man, after trying to many things and believing it was a problem with dir permissions, I found your post. All the issue was with the directory path saved at DOCMAN default. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, worked like a charm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much.
    I found your post and it was the right solution.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MUCHAS GRACIAS...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "1. Make sure that the directory is writable. Permission 777.

    2. Go to Components - DOCman - Configuration - General.
    Click on "Reset Default" tab. And Save."

    this helped me so much. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. It helped solve the error. Thanks you so much for your post

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

403: Access Forbidden RSFirewall

How to export issues, backlog to file in Jira Next-Gen software project

Adding comments to Joomla JoomFish articles with jComments