Reasons to move to Wordpress from Joomla


I decided to redesign my site www.duotales.com and after months of thinking and research to move it from Joomla to WordPress. Why?

Several reasons:

1. Old Joomla 1.5 is no longer supported by Joomla. And there is no easy upgrade path. I had to start redoing it manually after spending several hours trying different solutions.

2. My old template is not working with the new version so I had to find a new template supported by 2.5.

3. Joomla 3 was released as I was working on 2.5 - so more upgrades in the nearest future = more work.

4. The major tipping point for me was that JoomFish - language plugin I used with Joomla 1.5 is not supported by 2.5. All the other language plugins do not have article by article translation. Which means that if you are reading one of Joomla articles in one language and try to switch it to another Joomla takes you to home page. While the simple plugin

5. And another major point. Speed. My site on Wordpress is much faster than on Joomla.

Anyway I like Joomla for being a powerful content management system. It's great for a user control, forums and any user interactions. But since my site doesn't involve users/forums etc.. I came to realize that Wordpress is the better solution.

There are some interesting articles comparing WordPress to Joomla:

Joomla vs WordPress: Choose Best-Suited CMS for Your Website

WordPress vs Joomla – Review

WordPress v Joomla: The Winner


Comments

  1. Hi!
    Your arguments are really essential!
    I'd like to share with you one more interesting article:

    http://www.cms2cms.com/blog/move-joomla-to-wordpress-nothing-ventured-nothing-gained/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

403: Access Forbidden RSFirewall

How to export issues, backlog to file in Jira Next-Gen software project

Adding comments to Joomla JoomFish articles with jComments