Redirect only homepage of your website

I had a website where I wanted to redirect just home page. I needed all other pages to be at the original domain address. I put the following line in the .htaccess file

RedirectMatch ^/$ http://aaaaa.com where "aaaaa.com" is your home site

I use WinSCP - FTP and SFTP client for windows. I couldn't see .htaccess file because it was hidden. In order to see it I went to Options - Preferences - Panel - Show Hidden Files




If you have any other client or go thru cPanel and don't see .htaccess file then make sure you enable "hidden files" viewing in these tools.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

403: Access Forbidden RSFirewall

Adding comments to Joomla JoomFish articles with jComments

How to export issues, backlog to file in Jira Next-Gen software project