How to increase Word Press memory limit

I was trying to build a template with Elementor Pro and integrate it with the Knowledge Base/Wiki plugin. Every time I try to use it I get a ' Preview Could Not Be Loaded' Error. I de-activated the plugin and Elementor preview worked without problems. 
I went to Elementor - Tools and enabled Debug bar. When I tried to create a template and saw the error again I chose to debug and saw the message: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes).
Plugin developer recommended to:
Open wp-config.php, which is located in the root WordPress directory.
- At the end of the file, add the following line:
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
Save your changes. 
Usually, this method solves the issue but in this case, I continued to get the same fatal error message. 
After research, I found another method - to add the line in php.ini file. In my case my hosting provider had php.ini file in Control Panel. I went to Panel - CGI AND SCRIPTED LANGUAGE SUPPORT - PHP SCRIPTING and added the following: 
memory_limit = 256M

Save the changes and it is ... FIXED! Hurray!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

403: Access Forbidden RSFirewall

How to export issues, backlog to file in Jira Next-Gen software project

Adding comments to Joomla JoomFish articles with jComments