Choose categories to be displayed on Wordpress front page


I have lots of categories in my wordpress blog but only half of them I would like to be included in my front page. I tried different solutions and only one of them work. The one which worked:

Ultimate Category Excluder plugin - Ultimate Category Excluder allows you to quickly and easily exclude categories from your front page, archives, and feeds.

Here are the instructions on this plugin from the developer.

Interface is simple and self-explanatory:


Here are the plugins and ways which didn't work for me:

- Adding a line in index.php file to exclude category didn't work.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Template_Tags/query_posts





- Plugin Frontpage manager did a good job of limiting posts numbers and removing tags but didn't exclude categories.

Front Page category didn't work either - maybe it's just too old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

403: Access Forbidden RSFirewall

Adding comments to Joomla JoomFish articles with jComments

How to export issues, backlog to file in Jira Next-Gen software project