Ways to stop SPAM Wordpress comments


While I was re-building my site and adding new articles I noticed that every time I published an article I got a spam comments. I did research how to protect your wordpress site from spam and reading this interesting article I decided to use these solutions:

- Activate Akismet plugin It comes bundled with WordPress by default and filters spam. I had this plugin installed but I didn't activate it. You go to Akismet website - get a key and activate plugin and you all set;

- I added another layer of protection with WP-reCAPTCHA - reCAPTCHA is an anti-spam method originating from Carnegie Mellon University, then acquired by Google which uses CAPTCHAs in a genius way. Instead of randomly generating useless characters which users grow tired of continuously typing in, risking the possibility that spammers will eventually write sophisticated spam bots which use OCR libraries to read the characters, reCAPTCHA uses a different approach.

So far no spam after adding an article. Hope this is all I need to keep spammers at bay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

403: Access Forbidden RSFirewall

Adding comments to Joomla JoomFish articles with jComments

How to export issues, backlog to file in Jira Next-Gen software project