Polylang points to a new directory 403 error no index file

I am using Polylang plugin for my bilingual site with En and Ru languages. Sometimes after several months of working my site when you started typing www.duotales.com redirected to www.duotales.com/en directory. And it showed an error that "No index file found". When I typed www.duotales.com/ru Russian version of the website was displayed without any problems. And if I clicked on the articles I could see them in English without any problems. The problem was with my homepage.

I went to my WP directory with FTP and saw that a new folder En was created in my WP installation directory. And there was nothing in it. I deleted the directory then deactivated Polylang. When I activated it started working again.

Also you can try to de-activate the plugin, delete it and install and activate again. It will fix this problem too.

Comments

  1. Thank you for your post.
    Had the same issue, /en/ folder was created in my root dir because of favicon plugin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

403: Access Forbidden RSFirewall

How to export issues, backlog to file in Jira Next-Gen software project

Adding comments to Joomla JoomFish articles with jComments