Clone move backup wordpress to another domain

I wanted to create a clone of my wordpress website to put it on a sub domain and play with it. So I was looking for the simplest solution and I found one. I used WPClone

As they say on their website: WP Clone is the easiest, fastest and most secure way to move or copy a WordPress site to another domain or hosting server. You can also use it to move your site to/from local server hosting, to create copies of your site for development or testing purposes, to backup your site, and to install pre-configured versions of WordPress.

I installed WPClone as a plugin (Navigate to Plugins - Add New) and then activated it. Then I went to the plugin and backed up my site. After backing (automatically) it gave me a link which I copied. I then install a new WP site on my subdomain and installed WP clone plugin and activated it. After that I went to WP plugin on my new site and chose to restore. I pasted the link and it restored all my database, plugins, all info to a new site. Beautiful. And it is free. Thank you for creating this plugin WP Academy! They even have an installation video on their site. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

403: Access Forbidden RSFirewall

How to export issues, backlog to file in Jira Next-Gen software project

Adding comments to Joomla JoomFish articles with jComments